18 July 2008

My students didn't wanna have tuition today and the overnight pm was postponed to next Fri so that can only mean one thing for me - time to catch The Dark Knight in the cinema! =D After my somewhat horrid movie experience two weeks ago, this was vital entertainment for my soul! ;)



If you're interested about the movie but have not caught it yet, go watch it already! It's really very good. I would give it 4 and maybe even 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's as good as Iron Man but the plot of this movie is so much more complicated and full of twists and turns! It requires intellectual understanding on your part!

My favorite moment in the movie is when the convict threw the detonator in the sea! =) I like how Joker's social experiment failed, how it shows humanity still has a heart and conscience against all odds. I like how Batman is willing to sacrifice his reputation and his security in order that the citizens of Gotham may still have hope for the future. I like how righteousness prevailed in the superhero despite the trying circumstances that were present. I love to watch Superhero movies like these! =)

Had a good time with Vanessa, Francis and gang even though it was just a short 3 hours spent together! =) Thanks guys! Victor, I seriously don't mind watching the movie again! ;)

Time to share some thoughts that's being going through my mind:

It's the caterpillar's destiny to become a butterfly . . . The only way it would fail to become one is when it gives up and loses the will to fight. Will you be willing to go through the metamorphosis? Will you be willing to pay the price?

Pst Ming shared that Abraham Lincoln struggled for 9 hours on his deathbed after he was shot in the neck when most people put in a similar situation would have died within 1 to 2 hours according to the doctors. He was aware of his great calling and destiny as president of his country and fought till the end to keep it. That touched my heart completely. How many times have I felt like giving up and asked God to just take me to heaven? But I have a great destiny. I will impact lives. It is my destiny to. I want to have a great attitude like Abraham Lincoln, the one who says, "Never, never, never, never, never give up."

I feel frustrated, because the potential that lies within me is trying to get out. Walk into your destiny Wendy, don't lose sight of it. You are not just living for yourself. You are laying down your life for others, not because you have to but because you want to. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire. He's got everything he ever needed. He could have just enjoyed all that he had for himself but he chose to get uncomfortable, he chose to sacrifice his own life to fight for what he believes in. He chose to save Gotham City from the onslaughts of the enemies. Live like that!

" Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose." - Helen Keller