10 July 2008

En Yao kor kor confronted me yesterday and what he said really spoke to me, especially this - "A leader always bounces back from their setbacks quickly. " For too long I've been standing down - too emo and vulnerable. I've been having headaches, heartaches, endless tears and sorrows. And then there were the times when the words that I want to express can't find their way out of my mouth , the times when I didn't do the things that I'm supposed to because I was simply too depressed to focus on doing anything. I can't go on like this forever. I need to get up and get up quickly I must. There are so many tasks and people waiting for me . . . A leader cannot afford to take their own sweet time to stand up on their feet again. Because the people under their care will be shortchanged as a result. I hate being shortchanged so I really shouldn't and mustn't shortchange people. For all those that I've let down throughout this ordeal, thanks for being patient with me.

I have so many weaknesses . . . really I do, but every time I fall, I eventually find the strength to get back up again. You know, one of my 20th birthday wishes last year was to become a stronger person and God is fulfilling that wish every single day, especially in this season of my life. It is very uncomfortable but I know that after all is said and done, it will be worthwhile at the end of the day. Through this painful experience, I got to know myself better and gain new insights.

Wendy is gonna be the happiest person you will see on the face of the earth! ;P

The test today was much easier than expected. I think I'll get around 85/90! :) Tmr's test will not be as easy but I'm confident that I'll do well. =) I LOVE DOING MCQs. Totally love it, lol.


Don't wanna walk this road alone
Cos I know You are the best of me
I won't do it on my own
Cos in You I found my destiny

The road is long
The valley's deep
The ocean's wide in front of me

But God . . .
You will save the day


Daddy, thank You for always loving me. Help me to love him when I can't. I thank You that You will. That you will be there for him when I can't. You will send good friends into his life that will be a blessing to him when I can't. I entrust him to you. You will do a work so radical and so great that he will know that You are the true and living God. I'll see him in heaven one day and we can look back and laugh about what happened. Daddy, wipe the tears from our eyes and mend our broken hearts. Let us see beyond the pain and be strong . . . let joy and peace fill us once again. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.