05 March 2010

Suntec City Convention Hall, the New City Harvest Location?



I chanced upon this online... zoom in to see the details.





Suntec Convention Hall seems to fit the descriptions well, it is central and can accommodate 12,000 seats. I heard that Suntec isn't doing very well in the books with all the sprouting malls in S'pore and hence I infer that they would likely be keen to sell the Hall to us... Imagine 20,000 more people eating at restaurants in Suntec City every weekend! Ka-ching! =D



However, I think I'll be a little disappointed if it really is Suntec Convention Hall... because:



1. It's not a new building. 


I've been dreaming of an iconic, state of the art structure... Victor brought up a good point, in the bible, no church congregation took over buildings yeah? They built the church from the ground up, especially in the Old Testament. But then again, Singapore is extremely small and has too many restrictions for us to build something large to accommodate all 27,000 of us in the central area and yet not be too costly at the same time. And our rent at Expo every weekend is NOT cheap. We need to move and we need to move fast. Not to mention every year getting shoved around from Hall 8 to Hall 1!



2. It's at least a 15 minutes walk from City Hall Mrt!

Hopefully by the time we move in, I would already own a car but if not then.... I can't wear uncomfy heels to church anymore! Haha! Okay I sound like a bimbo. But really, I can imagine myself calling cg members at 5.25pm when service starts at 5.30pm... 


Me: "Hello, where are you?"

Member: "I'm at CityLink, walking over!"

Me: "Service starting in 5 mins still walking over huh."


Me to usher trying to take away the seats,
  " My members are coming already!!! "

I'll end up quarreling arguing with the ushers as usual. *Faints* 

LOL.

 
3. Hmm, where are the annual IT Fairs that are usually at  Suntec gonna be held then? I don't want the public to throw stones at us.


Some members of the public have been throwing enough stones at us already, if we antagonize them any further, I don't think they're gonna be very nice. But then again, those people aren't nice to us right from the start, wacking us to no end in the forums.  No matter what we do, they still won't be happy so... who cares. :)


Come to think of it, Suntec Convention Hall really isn't such a bad place afterall, it's really right smack central in S'pore and it sure beats having to travel to Expo every weekend. And there are a lot of eateries to choose from.  Aaron Lee Kwang Siong, I want to buy a house that is on the East West line so I can be near church, near everything. Go opm at Suntec can walk home after that, hahahaha kidding!


Wherever it is, I trust Pastor Kong that it will be the best location for our church, given the circumstances. He is one of the greatest men that I've ever known.  Just one more day to knowing but the crux is really raising the $310 million for it. I think we've raised about $100 million so far already? Just another $210 million to go! Hahaha. We can do this! :)


P.S: I'm contemplating on going to S1 instead with Jamie tmr so you Tweeters won't spoil it for me! Hahaha!