01 March 2010

It's Complicated



I quarreled with the boyfriend yet again. And this time it's over video editing for Fashion In The Sky photo shoot and fitting session. I had told him that I wanted the video by 12 midnight yesterday and he only told me that that couldn't be done just 2 hours before. He didn't give me an alternative earlier, he didn't respond to my suggestions, he didn't asked for the videos to be given to him earlier, nothing. And he expects me to not be upset with him.


Why couldn't he just told me that he's not up for it? I could have found someone else to help instead of putting my hopes in him. I'm in charged of video hosting and publicity for the event and naturally I would be most urgent about it being put up on the web as soon as possible so that I can attract more people to attend the event. And we are only less than 6 days away from it. 


I'm disappointed. Men have disappointed me so many times.... Yesterday, Enrique was supposed to come and help me with video shooting and he fly aeroplane one hour before the photoshoot. And I had to frantically look for videographers and thank God for Wilson Chua who referred me to Shyan who referred me to Eugene Soh, and he brought his friend William Paul Orchard along. And mind you, they were complete strangers to me and yet they came and help out for hours despite such last min notice with no complaints. They even had so much fun. And I was so happy interviewing the make-up artists, the blogshop owners and the models, chattting with everyone, etc.


And when I got home at 10ish? Bam. There were rice beads all over the floor, in the living room, kitchen, toilets, everywhere and furniture was shifted, and it looked worst than before. Who did that? My father. Why did he do it? To apparently chase away evil spirits in the house. As if evil spirits will be afraid of rice beads!? The maid is gonna be really pissed when she comes over tmr to see how messed up the house is. And it's not me, none of it is me. Please never associate the mistakes of my father with me, we are two separate people. His mistakes have got nothing to do with me and I am not responsible for his mistake, period.


Just what is wrong with men? I have seen great men but they are few and far between. Even the anointed Benny Hinn is getting a divorce. Maybe I should stop dreaming about getting married and living my happily ever after. Maybe I should marry a woman so I never have to be disappointed the way I'm always disappointed with men. Maybe I should just stay single and unattached for the rest of my life and become a nun or something. Lol.


































Today's entry could have been titled, "It's A Wrap!" and the Youtube video of the photoshoot pasted here. But no, it's titled "It's Complicated." because life is never as simple as I had imagined or wanted it to be. Not to mention the shocking news I saw this morning... Life is complicated, very complicated and I'll be lying to you if I say I never have to deal with stupid people or any issues or struggle through them.

  
What a great way to start off my March 2010! HA.