11 March 2010

Life’s A Movie… Only Real

I woke up at 10 plus and the 1st thing I did was to go to Twitter & behold! This @cnalatest tweet appeared before my eyes, "Neo's wife, Irene fainted after the news conference and the director and staff screamed at the media who swamped to the stage to take photos."


Firstly, I’m really surprised that a press conference was held so quickly! Tang Wing Fai, Jack’s manager, said that Jack will “ tell all … after the dust has settled” in this Straits Times article published on Monday. 3 days later, has the dust settled? I’m guessing Jack took a step of faith to do that even before the dust has really settled, especially when he and his wife have now reconciled.


In my blog post yst I said,‘I think that Jack shouldn’t wait till the dust has settled before speaking out, he should do it now and do it fast because the truth will set people free. Or else, the public will just keep speculating about the affairs and tian you jia chu or women that were linked to Jack Neo in the past would just keep spilling the beans. Am I right to think this way, Pastor Tan?’



I took the liberality to tweet the post link to Pst Tan becos I wanted him to know that I was writing about him and to correct the facts if they’re wrong. I don’t know if he read it since he’s a really really busy man holding many portfolios – the second man in-charged of SEA’s largest church, founder of CityCare, a humanitarian organization; and is also a father of 4 young children.



But just a few hours after I published the entry and tweeted him, I found some links that said Jack will hold a press conf the day after. Could it be that Pst Tan, after reading my blog entry, suggested to Jack that he should hold a press conf quickly? I can only imagine.



ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM


I think that the press conference wasn’t really a press conference because both Jack and Irene are still emotionally distraught and could not reveal much. It had ended in just less than 5 mins. Read about it here.



Irene had almost fainted and the photographers rushed forward to snap pics and Jack Neo shouted at them to get away. Very, very dramatic right!? But this is not a scene from a movie, it happened in real life.
 

                    


I just watched the clip and I almost teared. The photographers CANNOT MAKE IT... Shoot one million times since the moment they stepped in also cannot get good photos??? Both of them were talking also didn't pause but keep shooting? Not even a least bit sensitive to how Irene feels? She's not a celebrity leh, hello. 1st time in front of so many photographers, sure nervous one. She fell down then they still keep pushing to come forward??? Wa liao, angry.


Saw Jimmy, our church's main security in-charged in the clip. He tweeted this, "Getting breaking news at the expense of your humanity makes you less human... Have been doing this for 6 years. I can handle thieves, sex predators, hostiles... But those w/o conscience? It's my 1st time..."


I loved how Jack's staff or friend, the actor, screamed at the photographers to scram. They totally deserved it. If it were me, I would do the same!



I guess I got my answer to this question, “ Am I right to think this way, Pastor Tan?” I wasn’t right, I was wrong. Both Jack and his wife are too emotionally distraught to handle the media… The wounds will take some time to heal. Jack did not tell all about his affairs and I hope that you reading this would not demand it as well.



Finally, Straits Times has revealed which church Jack is attending in this online article and in today’s papers. Someone from my church, I wonder who, told the papers, 'We are counseling them to reconcile and rebuild their marriage. Irene has forgiven Jack and they are together, spending quality time and going through a process of healing. For now, the church has advised Neo 'to put rebuilding his marriage as his top priority'.
 


That my friends, is the difference between 
Jack Neo’s scandal and Tiger Wood’s.
 

I am very very very amazed at Irene’s ability to forgive Jack. If I were to put myself in her situation, I don’t think I’ll be able to forgive him so quickly or even see him eye to eye ever again. Married women out that, what are your opinions? If your husband cheats on you, will you forgive him? If the affair was played out in public and it’s not just one woman but several of them, will you forgive him? Jack is right, he is one blessed man to have such a gracious wife. I salute them. 



More than 120 people had read my blog yst but 99% chose to be silent about it and I do not know why. The one comment that didn’t prove me wrong about Singaporeans is from this person who also called the models of Fashion In The Sky short and ugly, “ I hate Jack Neo. Disgraceful piece of human being.” Sigh, you are gonna get into a lot of trouble in the future if you continue being so critical girl. :(



Fellow City Harvesters reading this, I do not know what you are thinking at this moment except for the few that responded but I hope that you of all people, will not be the one to cast a stone at Jack. He’s not just a famous movie director that you know anymore; he is your fellow brother-in-Christ that belongs in the same church as you, so does his wife and his children. If there is anything the family needs now, it is our earnest prayers.



To end off, the editor of City News Weekly, Theresa Tan, had direct msged me on Twitter to say that she had read my blog and to look out for an article this weekend!  Yay I love my church! =) I hope the article however, will tell me something that I will not be able to read on newspapers anywhere else. That’s the purpose of news isn’t it? It has to be fresh and most importantly, it has to be real. But to do it like the way the photographers did in the clip? Completely unnecessary.