07 March 2007

Ni Yao De Shi Jian Dan De Sheng Huo?

A song I heard several hours ago inspired me to write this entry...



Zhang Ziyi, famous Asian movie star has acted in countless movies and appeared in numerous American awards show. She is also the spokesperson of the Asience shampoo and no doubt, many other products.

She is probably earning millions, if not, hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

And it is impossible to count how many camera shots were taken of her throughout her superstar life, especially when she walks down the red carpet of the glamourous award shows that she attends.

All this and so much more.

Yet, do you know what her greatest dream is?


It is simply to live in a big house with the one she loves.



Isn't it ironic how people who live simple lives desire to become somebody famous while famous celebrities who have seen the glitz and the glamour, would rather live a simple life?

How do I know that many people desire to become somebody famous? U may ask.

Well, just look at the stadiums packed full of people auditioning for American Idol.

There are about 6 billion people in the world right? I bet at least 2 million of them desire to become a superstar. And I was one of them.

Is this a classic example of the grass being greener on the other side? Or is there more to it?

I guess the answer can only be found in the hearts of these people who come from very different walks of life, with different destinies and different responsibilities to fulfil.

My life is pretty much simple right now. Not glizty, not glamourous. And I am pretty much enjoying it and having a good time. I'm contented though I'm not satisfied because I know there's so much more that I can accomplish. [Becoming famous is of course,no longer on my list.] And I've never been happier. =)