27 June 2008

I got scolded by my aunt the first thing I got home just now. Well, I'm used to coming home and receiving a scolding instead of a welcome. Though the thing that she reprimanded me for may have been legitimate, it was not done in love but rather, in anger and frustration. And you know ,when someone doesn't speak to you in love, you're naturally not receptive to it.

Home has never been a place I genuinely look forward to coming back to. Because I know what awaits me is not a warm welcome, a loving embrace but strife, judgment and unkind words. So at the end of the day, I just become very practical about what a house is for. And you can't blame me for that.

I'm determined that all the mistakes made by my previous generations will end with me. My future family will be a joyful and peaceful one. I'm gonna create a home where it is a safe haven - one that you can't wait to run back to because you know that you will be so welcomed back, that your presence was missed and that you will not be judged but rather, loved and accepted for who you are. A home where you are allowed to make mistakes and will not feel condemned when you trip and fall. A home where you have so much fun, laughter and joy. A home where you learn good things so naturally and not have to be forced into blind obedience. The list of good things doesn't end. And I can hardly wait for this dream to come to pass. =)

4 more months to my 21st Birthday! =)