28 April 2008

Grandmama

20 April, Sun @ Expo Hall 8.


Hee hee. :)


I want to see this girl grow!



20 April, Sun @ COSBT


Somebody gave me roses. :)

Not just a bouquet, I got 3.



NAH, they were my grandma's! =)


She was water baptised! PTL! =)


You know, in the most formative years of my childhood, it was my grandma who was there for me, taking care of me and bringing me up. I have a bond with her and I owe who I am today to her. Without her years of sowing into my life, I dunno what I would have become. I'm so glad that she came to know Jesus and experienced His peace and His healing power on her legs.

My grandma is in her eighties and the earlier part of her life was plagued with hardships. She had to hide in the mountains when the Japanese attacked S'pore in WWII. She married young to an abusive husband, later divorced and had to singlehandedly bring up 8 children. Not 1, not 2 but 8 children. Her pain, only God will understand. Just like some pain that you and I have to go through, no other human being will understand as much as God will. And He knows. He knows your every thought and hears every word you speak. He knows your pain, your suffering, your hopes, your dreams. He knows every single thing about you. Even the hairs on your head are numbered.

My grandma said no to God for eighty years.
Finally, on one fateful day, she said yes. Yes to love, to peace, to healing for her every hurt, to a relationship with the one who knows her inside out. And I know one day it will be your turn.