16 September 2011

Bought a Washer for $299, Won A Blackberry Torch for $1!



I woke up this morning and one of the first few emails I saw was this!


Realized their edm is actually made up of a few pictures, lazy to join 'em tgt!


 




          

I needed to buy a washing machine for my new place so I thought what great timing and how nice it would be if I could win the Blackberry Torch at the Anniversary Draw since it's the most expensive prize on the menu! =D


I know nuts bout washing machines so thankfully the salesman was pretty good, knows his stuff well and recommended me to get LG. LIFE's Good! ;p He said the brand is known for household appliances.


Asked him a few questions, compared a few brands and within 15 mins I was like, "Okay buy!" All sales pple dream of meeting clients like that everyday I tell u! Of course it helped that my mom will be paying for it not me heh heh!


Simple-looking LG WFT 6600.



The impressive part is their Turbo Drum Technology:

"In normal washing machines, only impellers are moving. However, in LG's washing machines both the impeller and drum move simultaneously and in opposite directions, like a handwash, creating multiple water whirls and thousand eddies. This delivers a powerful wash that can remove the toughest dirt yet is gently enough on your delicate fabrics."


Originally $345, discounted price at $299, come with 2 years warranty. Bought the Extended Warranty Plus at $149 in case it breaks down after 2 yrs & he waived the delivery & installation charges of $29.90 for me! :)


It's a low end washer afterall, saw many retailing at more than $1500+ kind! Really need so ex so gd one meh? So now my washer is covered for 5 yrs and full replacement on 4th repair, if ever, awesome! Even washing machines need insurance, lolol.


Scribbled my details like mad on all 9 of the lucky draw coupons I got cos it was only mins left to the 9pm draw but they extended it for like 30 mins more, panicked for nothing!




Many more lucky draw items up for grabs over the weekend!









       

I can't remb the host's name but he was super funny - after the Courts guy (I think he's the VP of that outlet or something) selected a coupon he said, "Wah this person's handwriting like my armpit hair!" I thought, "YES GOT HIGH CHANCE LIAO!" Lolol!


There were about 50 other pple standing around me eagerly anticipating to win too but there can only be one winner and I was so confident that I held my camera in my hand in case my name was called!



Passed it to someone to help me snap the winning photo. 
Whyyy did u not tilt yr head down Wendy!?




I know rite, of all the days I choose to wear blue when I visit Courts. Can totally pass off as a staff. =p
 



 Apparently it's worth $1099?



A quick check with the reseller guy whom I previously sold iPhones to quoted me only $500 for it. This model came out in Aug last year so I guess the value is no longer as high.




I think the Blackberry Torch 9800 is the 1st one to have both a keyboard AND a touchscreen.


I've not used a Blackberry before but apparently it's really useful for pple who travel a lot so I might not sell it since it'll be my turn to do so next year, maybe God knows I would need one! :))


There also had hourly deals where they slashed the prices of selected items. A Olympus Pen I camera was going for $499, originally $899 or $999.



Introducing my fave buy of the day:






A Sony Stereo Headset originally retailing at $60+! It's Gold in color and even has a built in microphone & detachable Voice Tube.





 I can totally see myself using it often in hotel rooms in the future when I'm not heading out!



I probably will be Skyping Aaron, rocking to Gaga (doing that now while typing this entry!) or watching Grey's Anatomy on my laptop & get all sentimental! :)









***************************



In the Twitter war that started yst no thanks to the uniqueness of the 'iPhone' & 'Blackberry', may I cheekily suggest a truce in the form of an....



Android! =p



The new Galaxy S II has a much bigger screen than the iPhone 4 and yet much lighter and is equipped with a 8 megapixels camera! =O Can also use Adobe Flash which Apple apparently hates, can watch catchup tv on xinmsn wherever u go how cool is that!? Very tempted to buy! :) My only concern is a lack of applications in the Market!


Somehow, there seems to be a lack of graciousness in the S'pore Blogosphere... Some bloggers hate each other and are unequivocally vocal about it. And taken to the extreme, it becomes Cyber Bullying, "I'm popular, u're not", "I have so many blogger friends, u don't". I think it hurts the atmosphere of camaraderie that we are supposed to have as a community and makes some of us uncomfortable...


Gaga sang in a new Jazz song with Tony Benett, " I never bother with people that I hate, that's why, this chick is a tramp." (U can listen to it here) Gaga is someone whom you'll never catch bitching bout others in public even though she has all the power in the world to do so and that's something that I really, really admire bout her. What a gracious, sophisticated woman! I aspire to be like her - artistic, fearless & yet, a kind soul to the very core.


Here's to more love in the blogosphere! :)