28 June 2010

A Heavy Heart



It would have been a great day.


I am burdened by what is happening in my life and by what I see/read/know.


At the end of the day, a stranger's words/actions doesn't really hurt you. It is the words and actions of those you care and matter the most that do. Those whom you think they won't treat you this way when you are trying very hard to make things work and be nice but they do. And it stings... like a snake's bite.


Will I overlook the wounds and the damage done and just forgive and forget? Or will I choose to distant myself from those that I care a lot for but don't reciprocate that care and learn to protect myself instead?


I lie at the crossroads. What I choose to do in the next few weeks or months will significantly alter my life.


Which path will I take?


What kind of person will I become?


Will I become cold or will the warmth of my heart continue to burn?


Will I become the very person that I don't wish to be in the 1st place?


Will I live a fruitful life and be a blessing?


Who will Wendy become?


One thing is for sure, I can't accomplish it by my own human strength.


It is too weak. I, am too weak.


It's about time I get down on my knees...