10 August 2007

National Day Escapade



Aileen and I headed on down to The Padang to catch the live screening of the National Day Parade.

We were also part of the largest human flag record! :)

There were throngs

and throngs . .

of people! :)


See the Saint Andrew's Cathedral behind? :) Some Singaporean youths wished that they were somewhere else rather than in Singapore but I love being a Singaporean...


I really really do. :) Thankful to be born and bred in this natural-disaster-free, safe and prospering country!

Aileen is so cute! ;)

We're the light of the world.

Enjoying the show. Thanks for taking such a contemplative-looking pic of me. :)


Fireworks! I thought they were not as spectacular . . . but I least we got a really good view and got to catch two rounds of it. :)


So after catching the NDP and being part of a record, we went to catch the movie, 881. I'll give it 4.5 out of 5 stars! Throughout the movie, I can't help but think that my grandma would enjoy it! I'll get the DVD for her when it comes out. :) It's the first Royston Tan production that I've watched. He actually came to Nan Hua Sec Sch to give a talk once! Completely enjoyed the movie. The ending make me teared too. ''Techno cat!'' Lol.

After supporting a local film, we headed on down to MOS. I conclude that MOS is really not fun, even though Hip Hop and R & B music(the kind of music I like) was played that night. It just doesn't have the kind of electrifying atmosphere that Zouk has. And you know, when they spray the ''smoke'', they spray so much of it, like so thoughtlessly, that it's just NOT cool, not like Zouk, which does so more wisely, I would say.

My fave song 'Umbrella' played while Aileen and I were resting and we quickly jumped onto the platform but the song only lasted for such a short while. Hrmph.

Aileen and I were asked by this 2 guys to dance with them, and we were like giggling away and not knowing what to do initially. Haha. And it still was not so fun. Oh well.

I may not go MOS again. Would rather go Zouk . . can't help but laugh at the way people ''dance'' with their hands on Mambo night though. Haha.

There you have it for my National Day Escapade.

Thank you Aileen for spending time with me. Love you girl. :)