03 May 2010

My Rich & Crazy Friends from INDIA!

I made these 2 new friends in the last few months and they are both from India!


They inspire me shitloads.

 
Both have left their country to pursue their undergraduate studies in NUS, and both come from extraordinary backgrounds.


I'm not gonna name them just in case they’re shy and wish to remain anonymous! :)


The first, his father is a businessman who owns tea plantations in India and earns millions of dollars every year. He has many workers and servants in his big houses!


He is 19 years old, the only son in his family and hence, the de-facto inheritor of his father's business! Yes, think Paris Hilton.


The amazing thing however, is that though he is born with a sliver spoon, he doesn't want to just live in his father's shadow... He doesn't want to take over his business even after he graduates!


At least not without 1st making it out on his own!


If I were him, I can imagine myself just lying in the comfort of my big couch and have my servants feed me grapes and fan me all day! Think Cleopatra! Hahaha! Travel to a foreign land to mug like crazy and having to fend for myself? Forget about it!


So it amazes me that my friend wants to set up a tea business of his own in Singapore,despite his father’s disagreement...


And the catch is that he has to make more money than his father in a few years, and hence "justifiable", otherwise he will have to go back to India and be the Director of his dad's company.


Not an easy feat! In fact, highly challenging and yet he believes it is gonna happen and is taking steps towards it!


And someone who is from as good a background as his had this to say about me:


Far and wide have I sought,
For a maiden with a golden heart.
Billions of souls have I sought,
For a dreamer with a limb on humble Earth,
And another on the sublime heavens,
Perhaps she dwells in the Elysian Lawns!

And after decades of seeking,
Behold I found my magic mirror
And I asked:
“Mirror-mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?”
And the mirror simply replied:
“Wendy is the fairest of them all!”

“Describe her,” I commanded:
“Seek the one who is pure at heart.
Seek that innocence in the eye,
That you know cannot lie.
Seek the soul that’s untouched by the evil,
Seek the maiden that lives among the mortals,
Yet has her base on the heavens.”

The hunt for the pure one resumed,
It was a tiresome journey.
It’s said that good things come to those,
Who wait.
Alas that was true … for we did find her.
And was blessed by her presence,
We found Wendy Ang.


I teared.


There are people in this world who value my worth and he has expressed it so creatively & genuinely to me in this poem despite our brief friendship.


I love you my friend. And you had better get yr tea business going or I’m gonna kick your butt. :)



And just when I thought one crazy friend from India is already enough, God sends me another one!



He attended Fashion In the Sky in March and I subsequently got to know him, thanks to Facebook! =) We met up once and he turns out to be A REAL CRAZY DUDE!


He talks with an unbelievable amount of energy! And I thought I was the Energizer Bunny but he, my friends, beat me hands down anytime! Imagine that!


He is also extremely intelligent and intellectual, and I do mean extremely! You will have to talk to him yourself to know what I mean!


His father passed away when he was really young and his mum is a medical doctor!


He started trading and generating his wealth when he was 17 years old. 17!!!!??????


He attended Harvard summer school. Harvard leh!!! The top university in the world!


And he owns a company in Boston in the United States doing research on renewable sources of energy and makes lots of money every month without needing to be there all the time and he is only as old as I am, 22!


All that achievements and you know what he tells me????


That I inspire him!


He called last night after reading my blog entry and you know what’s one of the best things he told me?


“When I make it to Times’ 100, I’m gonna have a party and I’ll invite Lady Gaga and you to attend.”

 
I laughed and replied, “That’ll be great!” And when I make to the list before you do, I’ll invite you too! Hahaha.”



I'm Wendy in Wonderland. :) Yes, my hair defies gravity! =D



It's friendships like these that touch my heart and make my life meaningful.



I can come from a humble background that is a stark contrast from theirs but they wouldn't think any less of me as a person and at the end of the day, we can still love each other for who we are and mutually inspire each other.



How about you? Do u have such friends too? Share with me in the comments, I wanna know! :)


Thank you my friends! <3 *group hug* HAHAHA! =p