11 February 2010

Farewell McQueen... ='(


In 2009, we lost our dear King of Pop Michael Jackson, as well as actress, Brittany Murphy, to the usage of medical drugs that took a devastatingly wrong turn. Tragically, at the turn of this new decade, we receive shocking news that the phenomenal Fashion Designer who wowed us with his out-of-this-world designs has committed suicide and passed away...


















Truth be told, I was unfamiliar with Alexander McQueen till the day I saw the lobster-claw shoes in Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' video which really caught my attention.







Regretfully, I didn't even know what he looked like until now. And it was only at his death, as I am researching for this entry that I realize... how much of a dear fellow human being we have lost...



 He is so good-looking and has such beautiful eyes...




For those of you who are unfamiliar with his work as well...





  1. He is a four time British Designer of the Year recipient between 1996 to 2003.
  2. He had boutiques in New York, London, Los Angeles, Milan, and Las Vegas by the end of 2007.
  3. On 14 July 2008, the Alexander McQueen internet store was launched. Knowing this made me sad because it seemed like he had only just touched the pinnacle of his career! And his next fashion show was scheduled just a few days from now...



Look at these beautiful black high heels with hot pink soles he designed!!







On a side note, McQueen was openly gay. Somebody please tell me why so many fashion designers, and fabulous ones at that are gay? I'm dying with this need to know. Anybody still wanna tell me gays are not exceptionally creative?  



I first heard the news through @gagadaily's tweet and I thought, "Is this a joke?" When I googled and found out that it was true, I kept thinking, "He's only 40 years old! I haven't even appreciated his work long enough yet and he's gone! Why so sudden? Why did he commit suicide, why??? =( =( "



His body being carried out of his house in London...



Perezhilton.com said that, "The devastating news comes on the heels of his mother passing away  just last week and three years after his good friend Isabella Blow committed suicide." My guess is he couldn't take the lost of two very important woman in his life and 一时想不开 (literal translation - 'couldn't accept the fact momentarily') But why wasn't there anyone who stopped him? Where were his friends? With close ones' encouragement, maybe he wouldn't have ended his life? Maybe... just maybe... but it is all too late now... ='(



And the photo that make me teary...




His neighbor looking on... I think this is the look on people 
all over the world who have been impacted by him.



It must be a really difficult time for his family now... I can only pray that they will find the strength to carry on...


How unpredictable life truly is... When I die, I want the world to mourn for me because that would mean that I have impacted their lives in one way or another... Just like how we are mourning for McQueen now. RIP Alexander... Will I get to meet you in heaven?