09 August 2008

Last National Day, Aileen and I went to The Padang to catch the live screening of the National Day Parade.

We were part of the largest human flag record.

We also went to catch the movie 881 and partied at MOS that night!

This National Day however, I decided to take it easy by resting at home and catching up on my reading. I caught the live screening of the NDP on TV. My fave part was the aerobatics display!

These F-16C Fighting Falcons are pretty can! Kudos to the Black Knights for the great aerial performance! ;)

I also like this year's NDP logo. =)



While I was watching the show, I was reading The Straits Times and lo and behold, I came across this article that said, "Mega-churches such as the 24,000-member City Harvest are known for using marketing and pop culture to win over the young."

Excuse me =), what won me over was nothing of that sort but the reality of God that I experienced there and the true friends who love me and accept me for who I am, the rest are all but icing on the cake! You think I will sacrifice my life, my time and my finances over some clever marketing and entertainment meh? No way. If my life wasn't improving, if I wasn't becoming a better and happier person, if the friends I had there didn't stick by me through thick and thin, I would have disappeared from CHC a long time ago. So what won me over five years ago and is still winning me over now and many others is and will be the love of God and the love from people that we experienced, thank you!

I just cannot sit back and do nothing when some journalist sound so shallow. =) Anyways...

Happy 43th Birthday Singapore! Thanks for having me the last 20+ =P years of my life! Love you! =)