09 September 2007

Gone

Sun has a new song, Gone. It is a soothing ballad that really reached out to me the first time I heard it . It's about how someone you hold dear to walks away no matter what you could have done because in their heart, they've already made the decision to leave.

A few people whom I treasured have walked out of my life and of course when it happened, it broke my heart. But like the song says, "Even if I cry, you'll still be gone". It didn't matter to them how I would have felt when they left because they didn't think about how leaving would devastate me. Even if they did, they still left anyway...

I've long decided to be a committed and loyal person and friend. Never will I walk away. Like the way Rihanna puts it in Umbrella, "I'mma stick it out till the end".

If you have walked away from my life, from being my friend and you are reading this now, I want you to know that I cried when you did . . . but I've forgiven you for walking away. My only hope is that one day . . . you will come back.

Gone – Sun Ho

I couldn’t watch as you just walked away
Without a smile
Without a word to say
And here I thought that things were well today
But it doesn’t even matter anyway

Even if I cry,
You’ll still be gone
Even if I change today forever

Even if I lie,
You’ll still be gone
Even if I’m someone else,
You’ll still be gone

I always knew that things would end this way
Without a smile
Without a word to say
I’m sorry for the mistake I made that day
But it doesn’t even matter anyway