04 August 2011

Fist of Dragon 龙拳 Gala Premiere



Fist of Dragon hits the cinema today and I was privileged to catch it first at the gala premiere last week!



 From the producers of Ip Man 2... a joint production between China & Singapore!




The bloggers I met were really friendly and nice! :)




Treats were a mini-buffet spread and fruit punch! 



I was busy interacting with the bloggers & snapping away on my cam that I plainly forgot I was on a strict no-soft-drinks diet and had a few glasses of the sugary drink oops!




With the director and lead actor, Michael Chuah 蔡业翰!



He's the hero of the movie, saving a village of innocent people that had suffered under the brunt of a group of gangsters as they had often forced the villagers to give them protection money or would physically injure them.



I think he must know real kung fu in order to carry out the countless fighting moves in the show. I imagine 自拍自演 must have been pretty challenging!




 This handsome guy which I didn't get to take a pic with is Monday Kang!
Interesting name, haha!



He stars as a sadistic gang leader in the movie and of all the actors, I feel that his performance was the most outstanding. I find his character really believable though I think it's really difficult to act as someone sadistic!



Then in came, the superstar, Henry Thia a.k.a 辉哥


He was utterly hilarious right from the moment he came in and stirred us all into a good crackle. A true blue comedian! 



Surprisingly, Fiona Xie 谢宛谕 also stars in this movie as the prodigal daughter of Henry Thia's character. I thought she was no longer in the entertainment scene? The last I heard she immigrated away from Singapore for good.


For those who love action-packed movies and appreciate Martial Arts, this movie is a must watch! It demonstrates how good will ultimately triumph over evil and justice will prevail.



         







Now at a cinema near you! :)