13 January 2011

Wisdom From A Friend

I was quite troubled about this initially. The tell tale sign was this tweet:


 

Tweet



I had many questions but I felt that I wouldn’t be given straight answers in it’s entire truth even if I asked the right people with the answers. At least not yet. “The less you know the better” statement is blurgh. Just gimme truth.


Curiosity killed the cat, and perhaps even Adam and Eve, but not Wendy. I have learned about many things throughout my life, thanks to an insatiable desire to find answers via asking questions.


If these questions were affecting me so much, I knew it meant that I had to figure it out and find closure before I could move on.


I instinctively sms-ed a particular friend for help because he’s smart max & he didn’t fail to impress at all! His words were so edifying to me, I want to blog it down! And just in case you’re struggling with the same issue too, this might help.



All names censored for their protection. I’ve come to learn this skill in an extremely painful and hard way… But better learned now then never! 




Words in white are his. Emphasis, paragraphing, and words in black are mine. Here it goes!:


We cannot say that if things remained the same we wouldn’t have remained stagnated (or even become smaller) or that  __  wouldn’t have become a ______ (or might become if even earlier). In the end, __ made the most logical/spiritual decision available to him, and __ dealt with it in the most logical/spiritual way available.


Even if it was a “moment of weakness or misjudgment”, you and I know better than many that everyone is fallible – we all make mistakes. The only reason why we look at a __ or __ mistake (and think a lot about it) is cos they were in positions that killed more pple. LOL.

Still… You need to understand that as a leader or as an individual, our responsibility is the same: To make the decision we determine is best.




_____ is perhaps where the politics are the worst (although I’m slightly bitter in claiming this). Cos the ____ is where relationship is placed above results (although I heard that __ is a very results person), and guess what?

Isn’t politics a direct result of relationship? To be exact, politics is the manipulation of relationships. And in the gathering of imperfect people where relationship is the key to promotion/prestige, we make every decision equally from love or the other, and from love for ourselves.
 
In effect, unless you’re in heaven, a culture centered on relationship is also a culture that most breeds politics. [Hard for me to disagree with this. Especially when I did struggle in time past between the concept of excellence versus giving people a chance. Do still struggle with it once in a blue moon...]

This isn’t to say that __ __t cos of politics but let’s be mature and realistic and not see the ____ office as too awesome a place.

Still… in life things (beyond our control) happen that impact our lives. But the onus (aka responsibility) to reacting, managing, and overcoming it is YOURS. And it is when you understand the ability to contain these changes that you can bring blessings to others. [WOW!]


He sent me all these long smses with wise words in the span of an hour while he was attending service and he could still pay attention to and absorb the message being shared! Awesome right? :)


Now whoever said you can’t counsel someone over sms? :) Just need some patience and skill! And a willingness to spend a few more cents on sms! Haha. Now that’s what I call great leadership! Quick and effective! Okay la, he is gifted in counseling so I shall give others a discount. :)



P.S: I am now 70% sure of the 2nd more impt decision of my life that I have re-considered. The question is I dunno for how long I will keep to my decision. I’m keeping an open mind and a never-say-never stance! \m/



Okay, this is completely no link to what I shared: Justin Bieber’s movie bout his life and rise to fame, Never Say Never is out in cinemas this Feb! All you Justin Bieber haters should watch it! HAHA. Then perhaps u’ll have a chance of becoming lovers! Stop screaming in agony!!! =p







P.P.S: I’m not a fan, I just think it’s really great that someone as young as him can be using his talent to be a blessing to people. Inspiring! He’s a good kid (though I must add that he’s very mature for his age. I know, cos I follow him on Twitter). Peace out!